India is the third largest country in Asia. It has many landmarks and beautiful places to visit. In order to facilitate the tourists and visitors, at the beginning of 2014, India’s government started to issue Indian e-Tourist Visa. Filling in the visa application form takes about 20 minutes, and the visa arrives within 3-4 days. With the Indian e-Tourist Visa, you obtain access to the biggest airports and ports in India, therefore your journey can start. We have tried to collect information about the most interesting landmarks and cities in this magical country on indvisa.com.
Who else can take advantage of the Indian e-Tourist Visa?
- – If you want to see Taj Mahal; the highest mountain on Earth – Himalayas; India’s jungle (with its elephants and tigers); if you want to visit many palaces, fortresses and listen to fabulous rich maharajas – the Indian e-Tourist Visa is for you.
- – If you have relatives and friends in India that you haven’t seen in a long time, the electronic visa will help you to make this meeting a reality very easily.
- – If you practice yoga and want to improve with a short-time yoga course with the best masters in the world, you can do it in India – the birthplace of yoga.
- – If you want to take a break away from your everyday life, you may visit a lot of SPA resorts in India: some of them are located at the foot of the Himalayas, and others – on the Indian Ocean’s coasts, so whatever your choice is, the Indian e-Tourist Visa will be the most faithful assistant and you will be able to enjoy your vacation within a few days.
The Indian e-Tourist Visa is not suitable if:
- -If you or your parents are citizens of Pakistan, the Indian e-Tourist Visa will not be issued to you.
Purpose of e-Tourist Visa
When you are filling out the application form, the Indian government requires you select one of the following fields (the one that corresponds to the purpose of your trip):
- 1. Recreation/sight-seeing
- 2. Meeting friends/relatives
- 3. Short term yoga program
e-Tourist Visa Allowed Nationalities
At the moment more than 160 nationalities are allowed to apply for Indian e-Visa.
Airports and Seaports to enter India with your e-Tourist Visa
There are designated entrances permitted for Indian e-Visa.
Time frames and days
Expected date of arrival have to be between 4 days and 124 days after the date off applying. With other words: The India e-Tourist Visa application must be submitted no later than 4 days prior to departure for India, and no earlier than 120 days before arrival in India.
The Indian e-Tourist Visa validity is 60 days from the arrival date in India and it permits double entry in India. You can apply twice for Indian e-Tourist Visa per year ( January – December ). Indian e-Tourist Visa is non-convertible, non-extendable and not valid for visiting from protected/restricted Areas.
After every completed step of application process you will receive notification about the applying stage you are on. You will receive confirmation email containing entered details together with payment confirmation. After approval of your application you will receive Indian e-Tourist Visa by email.
Next, you have to print received e-Tourist Visa and present it to the Immigration Counter on your arrival in India to get the stamp on your passport.
Visa Fee and how much does it costs
The price for the Indian e-Tourist Visa depends on the nationality of the citizen who wants to visit India. For more information, please visit the following page on our site.
Document requirements for Indian e-Tourist Visa
This is one of the most important information that Indian Government requires. Scanned documents should meet specific requirements. If this step is not properly filled the Government will refuse to issue your e-Visa.